Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, May 6, 2013

Baptism this Week!


Well that is my very favorite subject line to write. I love the week of a baptism. Its so fun visiting the investigator every day, inviting the members, and just doing all the preparation. Saturday Marcia will be baptised! If you remember Marcia than you will remember that she is just an Angel of an investigator. She has had her doubts and fears, just like all good investigators do, but she has worked so hard by praying and reading the scriptures. She has received so many answers that the Book of Mormon is true. When you know that the book is true, everything else seems to fall into place.

We also had the baptism marked for Marco Antonio but he has just a small problem with the word of wisdom. After we gave him a blessing for strength, he stopped drinking beer and coffee. He went from 60 cigarrets to 4!!! Thats definitally a miracle, but he still has a bit of work to do. I can see him getting baptised in another month or so. He is crazy to get baptised but he understands that its a big commitment and needs to stop smoking.

Well Thursday, my companion and I took a trip to Pelotas. It was a really expensive bus ride and took 3,5 hours. My companion had to have a interview with the president. It was all good in the end. We got home at 9 so it took the whole day but it was kinda fun. Im a big fan of road trips. It was also nice to get a bit of sleep!

My companion and I decided to start running in the mornings. Its been kinda fun but we have only done it for two days now. Its really nice to do exersise in the mornings cause its a good start for the day, but at the sametime it makes me really tired haha. We are planning to keep on doing it though.

This is the last week before transfers. My companion and I are both possitive that he will get transfered to Porto Alegre. Thats okay though cause ill get to stay here!! Its always fun to get a new companion. It keeps you out of the comfort zone. The comfort zone isnt good for missionaries. I plan on having a handful of baptisms the next transfer... so be ready:)

Im really excited for Mothers Day this week. Its gonna be so great to see my family!

Love,
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )