Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, October 21, 2013

Trip to the Temple

Well im trying to send some photos but its raining really hard outside and the internet speed here at the internet cafe is really slow so we will see how it goes. 

This past week was really great for my companion. The problem is that it passed so dang quickly! I cant believe that it passed so fast and im a bit nervous that next week will be even faster. My companion and I are running to do everything we can but it seems like there isnt enough time to get it all done! Were working really hard on trying to manage my time better to accomplish all of our goals and duties.

On tuesday we had zone confrence. it was a really interesting meeting and I was able to learn alot about how I can improve my work and be a better missionary with a better focus on the work. It seemed like the whole zone liked it and we all left wanting to be better. The zone is having troubles with a few things. They are all working hard but it seems that some are getting conforable and not always pushing to do better. Were working hard on fixing that.

On wednesday we took a trip to the temple. It was a marvelous session as usual. The temple is such a beautiful place and just being aroud it is a great feeling. We took a lot of good pictures that I hope I can send to you.

On Saturday I was able to go to my old area São Tomé to see the baptisms of a few boys that I found and taught while I was there. It was so awesome to see everyone again and the baptism was really special. The elders are still working on the mom and dad to get baptised and also their older brother.. but they will come along and get baptised in no time. I was able to see huge differences in them since a year ago when I saw them,  (see photos below)

This saturday our friend Loeci will get baptised. I am really excited to get her baptised because she stoped smoking and drinking coffee last week and has been doing great! Im really proud of her and hope that she keeps it up so she can be baptised.

Adriana is progressing but I dont understand why shes not baptsed yet. She has such a strong testimony, goes to church every week, keeps the commandments, gives us dinner every week;) She is just having a hard time with one personal problem thats holding her back. I know that she will get baptised soon, we are just being pacient until she is ready.

My companion Elder Del Pino will return home in December and he will probably stay with me in the area until than. We are working really hard and making really high goals to keep him focused and ready to work!! He is a great companion!

I hope that everyone has a great week!
Love,
Elder Horst




















This is a sister whom Elder Horst got to know and love in Sao Tome, an area that he served in a year ago.


A year ago while serving in Sao Tome, my companion and I had the opportunity to find and teach these three young men and their families.  We baptized their sister, Linda.
This photo shows the fruits of baptism, such a cool photo.
After I was transferred, the sisters taught this family and when they were transferred, the elders taught them :)  The mission president allowed us all to travel and attend their baptism.




The sister teachers!


Nata (red shirt) will be baptized in a few weeks and the mom (red hair) will be baptized when she gets married :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )