Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, April 7, 2014

Last week on the mission

Well its extremely hard to explain to you all the feelings of my heart right now. I guess the only way to know how I feel is if you were to serve a mission for yourself! My heart is divided between my family that I miss and love and the family that I have created over the last two years. I am though, very excited to see my parents, hug them, and tell them how greatful I am to have them.

It was never hard for me to love the people that I have taught and grown with. I felt as though I was in another room of my own house, talking to people who I have always known. Brazil has a culture that I love and that I have learned to be. I love the happiness, the friendship and peace that they give me every day and will always charish these people in my heart. I know for a fact that I was pre ordained to meet the people that I have met because when I am with them, I feel as though we have been friends for eternity. They have been such a help to me and have made me grow so much. I will be eternaly greatful for them.

I have been so blessed as a missionary. I know that with every step that I have taken, the Lord has been on my side. I know that because I have been safe in times of danger and peaceful in times of trouble or heartache. I have seen his miracles and know that he takes care of all. I feel that I have learned so much about how to be a better person, how to feel the spirit more strongly, and how to help others with their eternal purposes as well. The mission has taught me how to recognise and do the will of the Father, and doing that leads me to eternal happiness and blessings.

It touches me so much to know that God trusted me enough to let him take care of some of his children. It was a great and glorious responcibility for me. Through all of this, I have learned and grown from their examples. I have admired people with faith so strong that they trust God even when their life if faced with dificulties. I have also seen people with such a strong desire to serve God that they give up their addictions overnight and choose to burry their weapons of war and never pick them back up. I want faith and desire like these people.

So with you I leave my testimony that I know God lives. I know he loves and takes care of all his children especially in times when we feel alone or lost. I know that his son, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for us so that we can have a better life. Its through his mercy that we can become strong and it is through his justice that we can repent and have the chance to become clean again like him. I know that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God that was called to Restore the True church of Jesus Christ and through that process he translated the Book of Mormon; words of antient prophets that guided their people in the past.

I love you all and am greatful for all that you have helped me with.
Love,
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )