Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, January 7, 2013

I am an Uncle again!

Hello everyone! How has your week been? I have felt very blessed this week. Because of three things.

First I was blessed with a new niece this week! Kylie Violet Horst. I hear that she is very beautiful. It was kinda funny. On Saturday I went to lunch at a members house. We were talking and she said, your niece is so cute!! My reply was, which niece?? Then she said, The new one, from Africa! haha. I was so shocked to hear and I told her that I was jealous that she knew about my niece before me! (Thanks to facebook). I am so excited to be able to meet her and my new nephew Benjamin when I get home! Im sure we will make friends real fast:)

The second reason I was blessed this week was because today the president called me into his office. He told me that I was going to receive a new companion!  Once again there was a problem in the mission and I will receive a new companion. Im starting to think that the President REALLY trusts me because this is the third time he has given me a companion with problems. I guess thats a compliment, but its a challenge as well. Im excited to be with my new companion, Elder Andrade from Curitiba, Brazil.

The third reason I have been blessed this week is because I have felt the spirit very strongly! At the beginning of the week I felt down about the work I have been doing here and how I should be working harder. Through prayer, reading the scriptures, and making new goals, I have gained more motivation to not just work, but work with all my might. I wont just obey the rules, but obey them with exactness. I think doing these things will bring me alot of happiness and success in the mission.

Oh, I was also blessed by finding out that BYU won their first two conference games this week haha... but that blessing isnt really important right now. Hows America doing? All I hear from people is that they're trying to take away guns, were allowed to smoke marijuana, and our new health plan is coming into effect.... Ya.. I dont really miss America that much right now haha.

Im really being tested here in Saõ Tomé. We have a bit of success then everything falls and we have to start over again. Its frustrating but im sure that its for a purpose. On the bright side, I think that I have earned the trust of everyone in the branch and they are now more willing to help out with missionary work. That is a huge blessing. Lunch is also alot better when they like us too.. Yesterday a teacher (14 years old) asked me if I would visit Brazil after the mission. My reply to all is that I would love to return someday if I had the chance. Then he said that I was a cool missionary that is fun but likes to work and he wants to see me after the mission. That comment made me feel really good:) I know that by following the commandments and working hard, I am being an example to all.

To wrap up, I just wanted to say that God knows us. He loves us and he wants us to talk to him through prayer. Thomas S. Monson has told us that ``Prayer is the Passport to Peace``

Love,
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )