Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, June 10, 2013

Interviews with the President!

Well this week was kinda cool but speedy fast. Ill just give you the rundown on a few of the events this week.

Tuesday was fun! We spent some of the afternoon cleaning and painting the church in our area! We made a huge mess. In the end it looked alot better so it was all worth the work. On Sunday, the members really appreciated the help.




Thursday we did an activity called District Amigo.  In this activity, all the missionaries in the district go to one area and work there for a day. This week we went to an area thats really been struggling and helped them. It turned out to be a really big success. With 4 companionships we were able to teach tons of lessons, get 12 new investigators and 4 baptism marked for the other area. It was also really fun to switch companions and work in another area for a day

On Friday we had to do splits with the Zone Leaders. Elder Henderson and I worked together in my area. It was really cool. We were able to work alot with some of the non active families in the area. Its always fun to work and spend some time with Elder Henderson.

Saturday was a really busy day! We went to the church really early in the morning to clean up the rest of the painting that we did. We had a fantastic lunch with one of the members in our ward. We rushed through lunch because in the afternoon we had interviews with the president! The meeting started with a training from the president and his wife. They both gave a great training. Than I started District Meeting. I gave a training about using the scriptures in lessons and I think that it turned out really well! I enjoyed teaching them. After, I had my interview with president that was really nice. Its always nice to spend time with him.

Sister Castro, Elder Horst, Lucas and President Castro



After my interviews I had to wait there for the rest of the missionaries to be interviewed. I had a lot of time to talk with Sister Castro. We looked at the new photo book that my mom sent and she loved the ideas! She said that she is gonna make her son books when they leave on the mission. I also got to hang out with Lucas, the presidents son that has 8 years. He is really cool and funny. He knows my name which made me feel really special! But he also likes to call me Elder Cavalo (Horse in portuguese) and Papai Noel (santa clause) because of the party we had at christmas.. haha.


Elder Borges, Lucas and Elder Horst



Sunday was great but I was a bit upset because we didnt have any investigators at church. That is never good... President and Sister Castro gave the talks in church and I got to sit with their son Lucas. He is so funny. Than we went to the church in my area and that was good too but there werent as many people as I was hoping for... Oh well

Overall it was a good week. We are gonna have a good rest of the P-day and than get to work for the week.

Love,
Elder Horst

My package arrived, yeah!!!


They locked me outside on a cold day!  


Acting crazy on the elevator!


Elder Horst, Elder Borges and Elder Henderson, good friends after a long, hard day.   (including Elder Cox who is taking the photo)
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz....................



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )