Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, August 26, 2013

Ministering Angels


Well this week was not one of the best weeks for me! In fact, it was a VERY hard week for me to work. Monday was P-Day and it was nice. We were able to get some arrands run and had a Family night. Tuesday we did a division with one of the companionships in our área. I was with Elder Pacheco. Elder Pacheco had an eye exam (he will need eye surgery) and that took up the whole day of work. Wednesday i went to the temple which was really cool and really spiritual as usual. Thursday-Sunday it was rain rain rain and cold cold cold. There was NOBODY on the road and people didnt want to let us in or let us talk to them. It was a very long, wet and dreadful week! Every day I woke up with a worse cold! Its not good to be out in the rain and cold Wind when sick but I didnt have a choice. Sunday rolled around and it was really hard to get out of bed! My head was hurting and I just got a few hours of sleep during the night. I didnt feel weel to go to church but I didnt really have a choice! I did like church though. The spirit was nice and Strong. After lunch, Elder Emanuel and I went back to the house to rest for the afternoon, (he was sick too!). It was good to get some rest.
 
Last night I was feeling really upset. Upset by the lack of sucess that we had throughout the week, upset at the difficulties that were being faced in the zone, and I was really depressed and sick! Than I got a phone call from Elder S. Ferreira. I was his companion for two transfers in Bage and trained him. Now he is in my zone and we are really close friends. He told me that he decided to go home and stop serving as a missionary because of personal reasons. I was really heart broken when I heard that because I didnt want my friend to make a bad choice. We talked for a bit and i tried to help him and support him as much as possible. When I was ready for bed I was feeling overwhelmed with all the things that was going on and I just felt so so sad. I felt alone and small. I felt like I couldnt do anything to make the situation better. So I decided to get on my knees and say a prayer. During the prayer I remembered a promise that was given me in my Patriarcal Blessing that when needed, I could call ministering angels to help me.
 
For the first time in my life, I prayed and called ministering angels to help and comfort me. I especially asked for the spirits of my past Family to be with me. I was expecting to feel someone touch my shoulder or rub my hair but that didnt happen, but within a matter of seconds, i felt the room fill up. I started to get warm, my heart callmed and stopped beating quickly, and I knew that my Family was around me, comforting me. After a few minutes of feeling this I decided to lay down and get some sleep. When I got into my blankets, they were warm, like ive been using them all day and I felt really really comfortable and calm. When I closed my eyes I saw a bright light, like someone turned on the light in the room, but when I opened my eyes, there was nothing there except the darkness. I closed my eyes again and I saw the light again. I realized that I was seeing the glory of the angels around me. My spiritual eyes wernt open so I couldnt see them, but when I closed my eyes, I could see there glory.
 
This was a very big and spiritual experience for me. Last night I went to bed saying, ``Thanks God, tonight ill be sleeping with lots of angels.´´ and I knew that they were there. Im so thankful for the experience that God gave me. I am thankful for the priesthood and the Faith that I have to call for ministering angels when I need them most, I am thankful for my Family and the love that they have for me to help me and comfort me in times of need. I am thankful for the Holy Ghost being my constant companion throught all of my trials and troubles in life. I am thankful for the church in my life and the opportunity to be a missionary and serve God.

Lastly, I just wanna congratulate my sister Lindsay on the birth of her 4th child, Lucy Jane. She is a very beautiful and blessed baby!
 
Love,
Elder Horst
 
p.s. Here is a cool talk about ministering of angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )