Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, September 2, 2013

A good Sunday

This week turned out to be a lot better than the last few weeks that ive had! There was plenty of work to do and a lot of divisions! On tuesday, I was able to do a division with Elder S. Ferreira, Wednesday with Elder Emanuel, Thursday I was supposed to do one with the assistentes but it didnt work out because of a strike that they had in central. Friday we did a division with the President and Ward mission leader. Like I said, it was a busy week but was really fun to work with alot of diferent people.
I feel that this week I have really bonded with some of the members in the Ward. Its Always a nice feeling to know that you are part of the big Ward Family. The members here take care of the missionaries really well. Also this week we had lots of sucess finding new people to teach including an old man that calls me Barac Obama and a few families with potential.
Sunday was a really cool day at church. We had 118 people there which was really awesome! One of our investigators came to church and we were so happy to see him there. He wanted to come because he feels that something is missing in his life. During sacrament meeting there were two baby blessings. The blessing of baby Samuel (My good friend) who was born a month ago, and Kayla, the child of Alan and Debora who were recently baptised a few months ago. Alan also recieved the priesthood! I was really blessed and honored to give Kayla a blessing but they asked me to do it right before the meeting and I have never done or even thought about doing a baby blessing before in my life! Luckly, it was really simple. I was a bit nervous and I think that I said a few things wrong, but I was able to give a really nice blessing and Debroa seemed to like it alot. I was really honored to be able to give a childs blessing to the Family that I love so much!
Alan and Debora are doing great in the church! They have no desire whatsoever to smoke or drink coffee at all. They love going to church and frequently study and read the scriptures to learn more. They are also helping us with the missionary work! Im trying to teach Deboras sister right now and I hope that things go well:)
Ive been studing alot in the book of mórmon and Bible and I have been facinated by all the things ive been learning in the Book of Acts. I wish that I had read the bible earlier in my life because it explains so well how the church got started, its growth, the doctrine, and how the apostacy started.
This upcoming week seems that it will be busy and go by quickly. Tomorrow we have a Zone Leader meeting that will take up the whole day. I Always like going to those meetings because its a good motivation to do better and a good opportunity to share ideas with eachother (and see old friends).
Well thats all I have for this week. Tchau!
Elder Horst

Kayla, the little girl I gave a blessing to. 


Kayla's brother, Hector


The three of us


My sort of messy room


A division with Elder Naronha, who is Assistant to the President


New soccer jerseys


Ha ha!!!


Deborah's sister Santa Catarina, who we are teaching.




I made a tent over my bed and attached the blanket to the wall with BYU duct tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )