Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, September 16, 2013

Transfer Day!

Today is transfer day! I will be leaving the área of Agronomia 2 only after 3 short months there! Its sad to leave but im happy and ready for a new experience. My new área is Nilo Wulff. Its really close to my other área. My companion will be Elder Del Pino from Chili. Itll be fun and a diferent experience having a spanyard as a companion haha.
.
Alot of things have been going on this week. Our investigator Daniel has been progressing amazingly! Unfortunitally, his wife will be having to do heart surgery again because of a stem that failed to work. Because of this he wont be able to get baptised on the right date but thats no big deal because I know he has a desire to be baptised and now he has more time to prepare and come closer to God.
 
We were able to pass Sabrinas house this week and it was such a great experience. She was so happy to see us. Her husband was a little more timid, but he warmed up when we started talking about every day things. He is a police officer so we had lots to talk about:) They have a 8 year old daughter that needs to be baptised too! Sabrinas sister is an active member of the church thats thinking of serving a mission. She was there too to help us teach and feel comforable in the house. I think that this Family really has potential. I am excited to hear about them.
 
Sunday was stake confrence. I was SOOOOO Excited for stake confrence because I knew I would be seeing lots of my friends from my old área of São Tomé. It was so amazing. i was able to see so many friends and shake all their hands. A few of them cried and some others wouldnt let go of my hand.. one pet my hair like I was a dog... haha it was a great experience. I was able to sit by my friend Vania. I was able to baptise Vania one year ago on Sunday. It was nice for us to be together on her aniversary of baptism. Its such a good feeling to know that she is still active in the church and wanting to go to the temple. Obviously she has had her rough times and she has even thought about giving up and going to another church but for now she is staying Strong and giving it another chance. Im realy proud of her.


 
Well this is my email for the week. Next week I will have lots of information to share and Picture of my new área and companion. Im really excited for the change but need to go and get my suitcase packed.. again!
 
Elder Horst

Me and my fans


Grazi and Luisa


Precila, Brenda and Julia


Me and Elder Childs who is from Virginia


Me and my companion, Elder Oslo


The gang after Stake Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )