Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, March 3, 2014

Carnival and Transfer Day

Well this week was pretty hard to work because its the week of Carnival! The biggest festa in Brasil. Unfortunitally this week is full of sin and crime so we have been really careful about where we go and getting home on time. So far we havent had any problems and it ends tomorrow so thats good. Just that NOBODY wants to hear from us. So im excited for it all to end. 


Lots of news, bad news first. I didnt get accepted to BYU. its a big bummer for me but ill get over it. Now i know that I just have to work a bit harder to get in next time. Good news. I got transfered! The last 6 weeks of my mission I will be serving in Pelotas. The same city where i started the mission. Im really excited. My companion is Elder Snow from Nevada. Cool guy and a hard worker. Its his first time at zone leader and we will be opening the area together. Im really excited. We will have tons of work to do but thats exactly what I wanted at the end of my mission.



Sunday was REALLY lame. Since this week is carnival, and since carnival is really bad, the youth go on a camp from saturday to tuesday. EVERYONE in our ward went and we didnt have a sacrament meeting. I participated in the other wards meeting. That goes to show the lack of strength in the ward... but im confident Elder Miller and his companion will keep up the good missionary work in the area.



I feel animated and energised for this new adventure. I have to go but I love you all so much,
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )