Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, March 10, 2014

New Area!

So I could say that this week has been on of the most busiest weeks of my mission! Not because we had appointments, in fact we had hardly any appointments at all! It was because I was opening up a new area with my new companion Elder Snow. It was so much fun though and we are gonna have a great transfer together.

Tuesday is the official transfer day. The secritaries put me in charge of every one who is traveling to Pelotas. The bus left at 6 pm. I got everyone to put their suitcases together as to make an easier transition to the gate. When I got there i realized that there were 12 people getting on and I only had 8 tickets! Apparently someone had the other tickets but didnt tell anyone about it! Long story short a pair of sisters was gonna wait for the next bus to leave but i didnt let that happen. I talked to the bus driver and worked it all out and everyone made the trip together:) I guess thats why they put me in charge haha. (prideful)

We got to the area without keys or a way to get home but luckly there was a member there waiting to help us. The ward is excelent. We have a stake counsolor and a member from the 70 so thats a good sign that the members are really helpful here. The area is right next to my last area so I am seeing some familiar places and faces and it takes me back to when i first arrived on the mission two years ago:)

This week we basically found new people to teach and got our head around the area and zone. THere are some great missionaries here. We are also sharing the ward with a pair of sisters. Sister Nerenburg from Lehi, Utah and a new sister, sister Saavedra from Peru. They are both excelent sisters and have already helped us out tons.

Today at 6 we are working our way back to Porto Alegre for the leadership meeting. haha. It will be a fun trip and nice to see all my friends. We will be making the trip at the start of April too for the same reasom. I love bus rides and its not that bad, about 3 and a half hours. I will be sleeping at the assistants house.

Well does anyone remember my first baptism Chicão??? He owns a resturaunt and always took us their to eat. The resturaunt is now in my area, right in front of the church! So I went there and got to say hi to him after two years:) I was really nervous that he wouldnt recognise me (i didnt talk very well at the time) but when he looked his eyes got big and was very happy to see me. it made me feel really good! i loved the feeling.

So we really worked as hard as possible this week. We had some good sucess. to top if off we had two investigators at church. One is named Daniel. he is a very wise and inteligent man and it looks like he REALLY wants to be baptised. We will teach him on Wednesday and im really really excited for that.

Have a great week!
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )