Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 8


This photo was taken on Sunday, June 10 after the missionaries watched the dedication of the Manaus Brazil temple.  
Where in the world is Elder Horst?  Can you find him?
ANSWER:  center, second row from the top, with the big smile :)

Hey all!
How is everyone doing? I have been having a great time here in Brazil! I am really getting comfortable here in the CTM and the days are getting way to familiar! Its almost time to leave!! Even though I am excited to get out and serve the people of Porto Alegre, I am so grateful to be here at the Brazil CTM. Each day I learn things that help me both with the language and spiritually. Ill share a few stories. First with the language.
The language has been coming very well for me! I haven't had time to worry or get stressed and if I did have the time, I wouldn't let myself! I always have a positive attitude when I learn. One problem is that I have the worst American accent! I cannot even pretend to use a Brazilian accent. The hardest thing for me to do is roll my Rs. My companion and Elders in the district like to tease me about it! I would just tell them that it would come someday and there was no reason to worry! Well this week I was answering a question from our instructor. In the middle a few Elders had an excited look in their eye! I stopped and asked why they looked like that and they said "You did it! You just rolled your first R!" They than started clapping and cheering. It was really funny. I know that the Lord is here to help me as long as I obey his commandment and do as he asked with a positive attitude. This was a good example of that.
A special occasion occurred this past Saturday. The Manaus Temple in Brazil was dedicated. I had the opportunity to watch the celebration and Dedication the next Sunday. It was a great experience. The saints in Manaus had to travel days with boat and bus to get to a temple. They faced many hardships. They sold everything they owned to go. When they would get home after having nothing they would get asked, what now? There reply was.. Keep saving until I am blessed to go again. I am so happy for them. Never take the temple for granted. Always thank the Lord in your prayers for the opportunity to perform temple ordinances.
A lot of missionaries left for their missions Tuesday. That makes my district the oldest district in the CTM! We love to have that honor. My companion and I try to get to know every single missionary here! Yesterday a sister came up and asked "Why are you always included in everyone stories?" Haha its fun to have as many friends as possible! One of the missionaries that left on Tuesday was Elder Theobald. He was the one that started Singing in the Stairs at 9.30 each Sunday night. He put me and my companion in charge of keeping the tradition going! In two weeks, we will have to pick another worthy missionary to keep it going! Its kinda fun, but its a big responsibility! Just as an update. If you want to write letters to me from here on out please send to the NEW address below.
Brazil Porto Alegre South Mission
Av. Princesa Isabel, 342-B
Santana
90620-970 Porto Alegre - RS
Brazil
Mom, please check the address in the packet to see if its the same.. Use the one in the packet if its different!
I hope everyone is doing well. I just want to announce that my NEPHEW will be born around Halloween. I sure wish I could be there to see him, but I am so excited to hear all about him:) Congratulations Rebecca. Also, my good friend Chazz Denton got his mission call to Kentucky, Louisville! Good luck Chazz, im proud of you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )