Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last Week in the CTM!


Ola everyone!
 
How is everyone doing? I have had such a busy week trying to cram in as much information as possible before I leave for Porto Alegre Tuesday! I don't know where to start. First of all, we had a devotional on Sunday that went very well. Elder Tanner and his wife spoke. They are mission presidents in Sao Paulo. The cool thing is, Sister Tanner was just released as the General Young Woman's President for the church. She gave a really good talk about nephi. The Elders got to laugh about it because she had the "Young Women's President type of voice". There is one thing that missionaries do whenever they see a senior missionary. They take a good long look, than lean over to their companion and say, "She looks like a good mission mom." This is a very important attribute for us! Sis. Tanner fit under that category! Lucky, all the Senior missionaries fit that category at the CTM.
 
District 17-A has had a tradition since the first day we arrived at the CTM. We love to run up and down the stairs to our rooms. We usually race. Well Thursday we were running down steps and I rolled my ankle again! It was so frustrating. I had to put ice on it and it got bigger than it was the first time. Lucky, I took some good pictures. I feel fine today but I need to start taking it more easy! I don't remember if I told you previously, but I got a second haircut. This one was not so scary and I was able to have a small conversation with the Barber! He cut it so short! I can hardly part it to the side. (It kinda lookslike Jordan's before he shaved his head!) I am starting to like it though and I think I will always cut it short! That way if I'm tired in the morning, I don't have to fix it up!! I'm hoping to send pictures next week, but depending on the rules, I might not! If not, ill send it in a small envelope!
 
Monday was a very eventful day! We were able to go proselyting!! We were only allowed to be in the MTC boundarys but it was still really fun. The problem with being in MTC boundarys is every monday 30 missionaries talk to the same people!! Haha, we recommited 7 people to re-read the Book of mormon that they have already recieved. We were able to have a nice lesson with Marcelo. He is so cool! He talked about how he loves spending time with us. He said he has told us things that he has never before said to anyone else! He said he feels so good and peaceful when he is with us.... but he wont read the Livro de Mormon!!!!! Ahh its frustrating. Unfortunitally, its raining today and we wont be able to see him again. We are planning on asking another missionary in the CTM to teach him. We were able to hand out four Livro de Mormons as well. One little old lady was very interested. Her name was Cida. She lives right next to the church and the CTM but has never talked to missionaries before! We were stunned. We gave her the book of mormon and she asked when church started. She sounded like she was interested, I hope she follows through! When we gave her the book of mormon she gently grabbed it and wrapped her hands around it! It was really nice to see. Thats not even the best part. The best part is we were able to do all of this with 8 weeks training in one building. I can promise you that we were guided by the spirit. I promise you that the Holy Ghost whispered to me words in portuguese that I have never used before. We were truly blessed. I promise that if you remain worthy to recieve the Holy Ghost, you can also be blessed. If you are being faced with trials, if you have a question, or if you just need comfort, pray to your father in heaven and ask him to help you. This is a great blessing that we have recieved in our lives.
 
I hope everyone is doing good, you are always in my prayers. Wish me good luck because by next email I will be in a "Land down Under" as we call it in the CTM. I will be with my new trainer that wont speak english even if he knew it! Im so excited....
 
Elder Horst
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )