Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, July 16, 2012

Another week has passed!

Ola everyone!

How has everyone been doing? Its been another exciting week here in Pelotas! The week started great with a visit from the new Mission President!! On Tuesday, President Castro arrived in our area. All the missionaries came from every area except Porto Alegre. Some took a really long bus ride, luckily for us, it was only a half hour walk! We arrived at this huge church building! It was two stories. The top story was the gym and chapel and the bottom was just full of classrooms. We were really excited because the chapel had a heater! The new presidents name is President Castro. He is from Brazil which is nice because he knows alot about this area! He is younger and has three children. A 15 year old girl, an 11 year old girl, and a 7 year old boy. We had a training that took most of the day. The parts that I understood sounded really good! We received lunch, but more importantly, we received more book of mormons, pamphlets, and of course, letters!!!


I wore my "famous" tie for my first zone training with President Castro.




The next day we had District Meeting. Our District Leader is Elder Measom. He leaves this transfer and I like him alot! He taught us about How to ask inspired questions to our investigators. Then we had the opportunity to meet with President Castro. My meeting did not take very long at all! He is really short so when I went to hug him I wrapped myself around him and gave him a huge bear hug!! Than we proceeded to the meeting! He doesn't speak english so I really relied on the Portuguese I knew. I said the opening prayer and he asked me a few questions. He gave a short message and it was over! I felt so bad that I wasn't able to talk with him more, but as the months go on, and my language gets better, it will be more easy to talk to him. I was very proud of the interview though because I understood everything he said, and I was able to say what I wanted to say with detail!

We were not able to have too many lessons this past week. We spent alot of time walking around, doing contacts, and finding new people! We have a new investigator that I hope will be really good! He has had a few hard times lately and he said the missionaries coming to his house might have been a sign of good things to come.

I have been able to help out my companion alot more lately! Previously, I would do a contact, but when the person spoke, my companion would reply. Now I understand the people a little better and most the time I do it without too much of his help! Also, I am taking a bigger role in teaching the lessons and asking questions. I  have also had the opportunity to give a few short messages to member families all by myself! I have a lot of work to do, but I'm having lots of fun.

Sunday we got a new Bishop and ward mission leader. The previous ones were great but I can't wait to see more progress here!!

I hope everyone is doing good. Have a good week and a wonderful summer!

Elder Horst


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )