Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, September 17, 2012

Batismo!!

Hey family. How are you? The mission has brought me another week filled with blessings! I will share..

On Monday I went to the BIG and bought some supplies to make Ice Cream! Let me tell you, it was quite a challenge! I have a rule that if a recipe requires more than 1 pan, I wont be able to make it! Well, I did alright! The first challenge was to translate the recipe! After that I mixed all the ingredients and threw it in the freezer overnight. Oh, I forgot to mention that I first had to DEFROST the freezer. Have you ever tried to defrost a freezer? I tried hot water, I tried salt, i tried using a huge knife, it took forever! The next afternoon after lunch we tested my Ice Cream. It looked so good when we took it out of the freezer! Unfortunately, it wasnt as good as the Ice Cream we had at the members house but I still consider it a success. It tasted good but was really icy and I messed up somehow... The best part is my companion didnt like it and I had it all too myself! Wahoo.

The ingredients for the ice cream.


Elder Horst and Elder Cargel making the ice cream.


The anticipation :)


Success!


It sure looks good!




On Friday we went to the 4th Birthday Party of our Branch Saõ Tomé! It was so fun! They had 2 trampolines. One for the kids, and one for the adults! They also had some really good food and cake there (necessary for all types of parties). I had a great time walking around and talking to every single person that passed by me! I love this branch because the members here are so united. Also, everyone loves the missionaries! The night was really successful because I ended up having a few addresses to pass by and a few family nights planned to meet with some non members. Wahoo! After that party I really feel like I can talk to people without many problems. I feel like I can understand almost everything most people say and I also am able to respond. Luckily, I already have the outgoing part down.










Saturday was a really special day for me. We had another baptism, Vania. What makes it even more cool is that she asked me to be the one to baptise her.It was such an honor. The day was special. We were able to also see the baptism of a member family. His name is Kaiki (I dont know how to spell it). It seemed like the whole branch came to watch the baptisms. There is nothing better than having a good support team. 







I had a funny experience during Sacrament meeting on Sunday. I was able to bless the water. When the sacrament was being passed a certain man walked in. I could tell that he was a homeless man. He walked right up to the front row of the pews and sat down. No big deal. Then he got on his knees and prayed really loud and really strange! It didnt last long fortunately. He got up, blew us a kiss and thanked us for our time then left. Ahaha I almost died laughing!  I wouldnt say he did anything wrong because in some churches thats what you do! He just didnt know better:)

This area is really special. Its transfer day today and luckily my companion and I will stay together for another transfer. We have really big goals here, but I think we can accomplish them. We have received 10 new investigators in 2 weeks. That may not sound like alot but its tons for us!! Literally, so many people come up to us and ask us who we are and what we do. It makes our work alot more easy!!

I have a really important announcement to make. As of today I am no longer a greenie in the mission! Wow, it has flown by. I love this opportunity to serve a mission. I am so grateful for all the people I meet and all the experiences I have. I hope everyone is doing well and staying happy!

Love,
Elder Horst


Waiting, waiting, waiting.......for the bus.....zzzzzzzz.......









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )