Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Hallowe'en


Well this week was definitely a great week for me. Just like every week, it has good parts and bad parts, but overall I really enjoyed it. First ill start with the bad news and than cheer you up with some good stories! On Tuesday, we taught a lesson to Cesah. I thought the lesson was going good and it had a good spirit. At the end we tried to get him a baptism goal. One thing led to another and he told us that he would get baptised in our church but he would never stop going to his other church. He said that he would be worshiping two different churches. Than the member that was there (his best friend) started fighting with him and it all went down hill from there... Im kinda sad because he is no longer our investigator.. To make the story a bit better, he is still going to church every week and maybe someday he will feel the promptings of the spirit!

Okay, now to talk about a more happy subject! Halloween! Well im almost positive that Halloween was a bit different here for me than it was for you. I think its weird because here in brazil they recognise Halloween and everyone loves the holiday but they do nothing to celebrate! Thats right, I didnt eat one piece of candy on Halloween!! This is what happened for me. I woke up and was talking to my companion about Halloween and some experiences ive had. Then I told him that I really wanted to do something to celebrate! We called the sister missionaries for some advice and they told us to dress up as men in black! We thought it was a great idea. We got in our suits and grabbed some cool looking sunglasses. To most, we looked like normal missionaries... but I felt good that I was keeping the Halloween tradition alive!



One good thing I like about transfer days is that we are able to start fresh and make some good goals. My companion and I have set some high standards for this transfer and were really excited to work! This week we want to have alot of baptism dates set for our investigators. Setting goals is a really good way to get things done. Another goal that we have is to start working alot more with the members.We came up with a cool family home evening program. Tonight we will have family home evening with the president of the branch and another family that he invited (family 2). Next week we will have a family home evening with family 2 and they will invite someone else... Then on Sunday we will put a photo up in the church of the night which will make more people want to participate.. haha im excited!!

Anyways, I hope you are all doing good and staying happy! Until next week,

Elder Horst


A creepy creature that Elder Horst saw when he was walking........eeeeewwwww!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )