Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving week was really fun for me and I had alot of cool experiences! On Tuesday, we had interviews with the president of the mission. It seemed to go really well. We had some good discussions about the area and I really loved the opportunity to talk to him.

On Wednesday, we had to go back to Porto Alegre for yet another exam for my companion. He has a problem with his knee and will need to do physical therapy. Its almost ten real (dollars) to go to Porto Alegre and back, thats alot of money for a missionary! My companion is starting to make me broke! The president has already told us that on transfer day in two weeks, Elder Kargel will be transferred to a new area. Im excited to see who my new companion will be.

Well the Holidays are fast approaching. Thursday was Thanksgiving and although it was a regular day of work for me and the rest of Brazil, I was able to celebrate a bit at night before bed! We ordered a pizza and had lots of fun. Better yet, I was able to receive a package from my mom! It was great to feel close to home on the day that im so grateful to have my family! Lights are starting to come up on the houses and the city is starting to look real pretty!

Friday was a good day of work, we had some good success finding new people but we still havent had anyone come to church yet. Its kinda frustrating, but it will get better! As you all know, it was black Friday. Another US holiday that they dont know about in Brazil. I loved explaining it to the members and people I talked to cause they thought it was so weird. Why would everyone in the Country go shopping on the exact same day... at midnight.. and fight for a lame x-box?? haha.

The weekend was good, but really hot too! A member told me that I need to start using more sunblock cause my face was getting red. My first response was that I always have a red face (compared to Brazilians) and my second response was that its super weird to be putting on sunblock when your singing Christmas songs.. haha ill never get used to that.

Anyways, sorry for the short message today but this week has just been a good, normal week! Im grateful for all the blessings that I have received on the mission and Im definitely grateful for a family that supports and thinks about me every day! Only a few more weeks til my phone call!!


Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )