Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, October 29, 2012

Transfer Day

Hello everyone! Today is transfer day. The week before transfers are always so exciting because everyone is wondering and guessing what will happen and where they will go! Well today I was blessed to be able to stay in this area! Saõ Tomè. Also, I will have the same companion. Things are great in this area! Im so excited to continue to progress and have success here.

With transfers, there are usually new goals made! One goal that my companion really wanted was to run each day in the morning! Now, Im not too excited for that one, but Im happy to do it. I think it will help us out alot and of course, will allow me to eat more chocolate here. Wahoo! I want a lot of baptisms this transfer and think we can get them if we work hard enough. Well see what happens!

So this week was great! It was funny, my companion was almost positive that he was getting transferred so he talked to everyone saying that it would be his last time with them. They will be shocked when they see him again. On Sunday we had to do a division. My companion went with a Brazilian and I went with a brand new American. All the Brazilian had to justify their vote for the elections  (Brazilians are required to vote). Its really annoying but he finally got it taken care of. We went to church in my ward and it was the primary program. The primary did so good! There was about twenty of them, which is a lot for a small branch. I tried singing the songs with them, but I only have them memorized in English... Sorry!

Sunday also brought a great experience for me. I was able to confirm Linda a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was my first time doing it and I was really nervous. I spent the whole week preparing for it. When I gave the blessing I really felt good and I spoke really good Portuguese. I felt like some of the words were put in to my mouth. I definitely know that the holy spirit helped me. I was grateful for the experience.

Its starting to get really hot here. And of course, with the heat, comes the insects and rodents! I have seen so many creatures roaming around haha. It really hasn't bothered me yet. I have seen lots and lots of snake skin on the ground but I havent seen a live snake yet. Luckily, our house is pretty clean, so it wont attract any weird bugs. Although, I like the spiders, because they eat the flies. I like the lizards, cause they eat the spiders. Its a win win situation:)

Today I went to the school in our area to talk to the English teacher there. She wants me to stop by one day and teach the kids about America and what its like there! Im so excited to do that! The teacher actually lived in San Fransisco for a year. I think she speaks pretty good English. I told her that on that day shes not allowed to speak Portuguese to me:)Tomorrow is the baptism of my good friend in the branch. She just turned 8 and is so excited for baptism! My companion and I had the opportunity to teach her the mission lessons just to help her understand the importance of baptism.

Wish me luck on my next transfer! Im so grateful and happy to be here on the mission. I want to congratulate my really really really good friend Brinkley on becoming engaged! I am really excited for her to prepare for the temple and live with a family that can be together for eternity.

Until next week,
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )