Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, October 22, 2012

Time to Change the Toothbrush!


Well well well, it seems as though I have made it to the 6 month mark! Wahoo! Thats cause for a week of celebration dont you think?? Its been a fantastic 6 months full of experiences and opportunity. Im excited for the next 1 1/2. Before I start I want to make an announcement! Some of you might have already known, but on average, the church receives 600 applications of people that want to serve a mission each week. Last week, the church received 7,000. WOW. How exciting is that? Its so fun to see the growth in the church. I am blessed every day to be able to help out with that work. I have a few good stories for you.

On Saturday we were able to baptize Linda. Linda is 16 with the maturity of a 25 year old. It was such a special day. I was able to conduct the meeting and my companion was able to baptize her. There was an emergency that caused her to miss church this week but I will be able to confirm her a member of the church next Sunday. Linda has three brothers, 18 years, 13 years, and 12 years old. Right now we are working on teaching them and getting them a baptism date as well. It would be really nice if they were all baptized so they could grow and stick together through easy and hard times.

Our other investigator is starting to progress very rapidly. He has been to church twice with a member family. He has stopped whispering during the prayers (which was good cause it was always hard to focus when he did that!). He isnt as hesitant with us and asks really good questions. Also, last night we all went to another member family and he was able to bond with them. Everything is working out good, its just going very slowly one step at a time. We decided to push back his baptism date from the 27 to the 10 of November. I think this is best for him because he still has a lot of passion for his other religion. Im excited to see him progress.

 I am so happy with my area. We seem to be having alot of success. Transfer day is next week and my companion has a ´feeling´ that he will get transferred. I think we will stick together for one more but who knows! Last Tuesday was the conference of zones. I thought it was really good and I learned a lot! I love going to the conference because you get to meet up with your old companions and friends. I saw almost everyone from my group in the CTM and other friends as well including Elder Cox! Zone conference helps you remember your purpose. why your here, and what you need to do to have success!


This week I saw a snake and the Biggest Spider ive ever seen in my life!! Luckily It was in the road and I was in a car, but I was still freaked out. Its starting to get really hot and all the little creatures are starting to come out:) We have had a really late summer here. The people are shocked at how cool its been. I dont have a problem with that! haha, they say when its really hot in January or February you will end up taking two or three showers a day! Thats alot of laundry...

Today my companion got permission from the president to return to his first area. We are going to a members house to eat some good food! Im really excited. I want to share with you the talk that was given by the presidents wife at the conference. She talked about how to have a good attitude and animation in your life. She gave us 4 things to work on and I want to challenge you to work on these things too!

1. Attitude : Always wake up with a positive attitude and keep it throughout the day
2. Work: Always try to improve your skills and talents
3. Gratitude to the Lord: Be thankful for your blessings, your trials, your family and friends, and all the things you have in life
4. Pray with faith and ask for more faith: With faith in the Lord, all things are possible!

Do this and I promise you will be blessed and receive more happiness in your life. Thanks for all!

Elder Horst


This is Elder Horst and Elder Cox

Elder Cox is from Rocklin and Sean got to know him a little before Elder Cox left for his mission.  I think Elder Cox has been in Brazil about 4 months longer than Elder Horst.  They have a special bond knowing they are from the same city and the same Stake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )