Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!



Happy Birthday Mom! Congratulations on making it another year and having such a good life so far. I hope that arent able to believe the age that you have. They have a hard time believing that you made it through six (wonderful, amazing, and beautiful) children and still look the way that you do. There are not many people in this world that can pull off the things you do. Thank you for your support and love and most of all your example that has guided me throughout my life. When I teach people about families I Always make sure to testify that I am the person that I am because of two things. My parents and my Religion. I am so grateful for the both.
Well this week turned out to be a great one for me and my companion. Tuesday was zone conference and it went really well. We learned alot about how to become better teachers and missionaries. We also learned about Accountability and how we need to take responcibility for our actions through our leaders, the presidente, and Our God in prayer. It was very helpful for me.
Monday we were able to witness the wedding of our investigators Alan and Debora. It was so exciting to see them and their desire to follow the commandments of God. Alan and Debora have two kids. Their daughter who is three and isnt obediente and runs and screams all sacrament meeting:) and their one month year old son.
This is their conversion story. Debroa was seeking a church to help their Family. She knew that it was important and would help their Family throughout their life. She wanted something to help her kids. She prayed and within a short time two missionaries knocked at her door. From there on it was progress. She worked really hard to get married. Alan stopped smoking and they both prayed and knew that the church was true. Its a very amazing story. Id love to show you fotos of the wedding and all but they borrowed my memory card to copy the fotos! Ill send some next week.
There was alot of rain this week and it was REALLY REALLY cold! In fact, there is a place in the Porto Alegre NORTH mission that actually recieved SNOW... SNOW IN BRASIL??? Whats this world coming to... I havent had any problems with being Warm or sick. I hope to keep that up. Our house is very cold but I am okay with just two blankets at night.
Thursday I went to the hospital to pick up my MRI. Fortunitally the exam showed that my knees didnt have any problem and it was only a problem with muscle balance. One of my muscles is weak and the other one is starting to pull on my knees. I will start Physical Therapy in a few weeks and im sure everything will be better in no time.
Saturday was the baptism of Alan and Debora. it was a dark and rainy day but that did not stop the spirit from entering the room. The presidente and his wife were able to attend. Also at the baptism was the Bishop, Elders Quórum and releif society President, a representative from the Primary and their new home teachers. it was a very good meeting. I was able to baptise Bebora Rocha Mãotone Akino Espindola. Yes, I was very nervous that I wouldnt remember the name. The spirit helped me and I was able to baptise her without any problems!
I hope to wish everyone a good week! May you enjoy your hot summer weather!!!
Love,
Elder Horst

Alan and Debora at their marriage ceremony.
Looks like Debora has a sense of humor :)




















 Debora and Alan's baptism



Debora and Alan with Elder Horst and Elder Miller.
It was really cold in the building, that's why Debora is wearing a sweater.


Debora and Alan with President and Sister Castro.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )