Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week #3

Hello everyone!   This week has gone by so fast. It feels like I just emailed you yesterday. There has been alot going on at the CTM. Most of it is tedious, but regardless, my district and I sure have a lot of fun each week. Ill start with the bad news of the week. Everynight after all the classes and before bed, we go to the gym and have some kind of cake and unlimited chocolate milk. Its an amazing thing to look forward to. Usually I down 4 or 5 glasses (minimum) and mingle with some Brazilian missionaries. Well, the CTM no longer gives chocolate milk and cake. Now they serve a cheese sandwhich and a glass of juice with an apple..... BUMMER!! I looked all over for chocolate milk today and couldnt find any. Oh well! Second, my Brazilian roomates Elder Stantos and Chaves left yesterday early in the morning for their missions. We were all so sad to see them go. Sunday night in the room we sang God be with you til we meet again in Portuguese. The spirit was with us and it was so nice to have one last night of fun! Last night was really sad not being able to talk to them, so we just talked about them all night using their accents and their limited english vocab. Its really funny how much love you can have for people after only three weeks. We went to the temple today and to our surprise, Elder Santos was there doing the session right after us. It was such a blessing to see him one last time. It was also nice to see him in the temple because he got his endowments just last week. I was really happy to see him.   I was sick this week with a sinus infection. Each morning I woke up and wasnt able to breath. I had big headaches all day long and my nose was always runny!! I also had a sore throat for a few days. Im happy to say that it didnt slow me down one bit. I just kept focusing on the work. The doctor gave me some medicine and I think by tomorrow I will be perfectly fine!! Our district is in the same classroom for over about ten hours a day. As you can imagine it can get dull at times. I decided to start a quote board in our room and we are having lots of fun with it! We put insirational quotes, quotes that people say throughout the day, and things of that nature. Elder Place told us that when we leave, he will colect all the quotes and when we get home he will make a book for us with them all in it! I am excited for that.   We have firesides each Sunday and Tuesday night here and all the meetings have at least three musical numbers. On the 29th my district will be singing Ye Elders of Isriel. We practice most nights after dinner and sound really good! Its fun to be in the CTM choir because each song we usually sing in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.   Friday we had TRC again. This time we taught fellow missionaries while getting filmed. My comanion and my goal was to have a lesson without reading any lines. We did so awesome!! The guy wanted to know about tithing before he commited to baptism and we did really good answering his questions and letting him know about the church. Besides the dictionary and a few notes, we didnt have to read anything and did the whole lesson in portuguese. Our teachers are saying we improve each lesson.   Its funny hearing about how hot it is in the states because today I put a sweater on for the first time. Its starting to get pretty cold here and it has been raining  the last few days. Rain is really fun for the most part. Its nice to hear the rain with the windows open when your in class. Its even more fun to slide on the tile outside when its soaking wet. Its fun to hear thunder. The bad part is.. the roof leaks in our gym! Whenever it rains we have to run very carefully. I always end up slipping anyways and it kinda hurts! A girl slipped a few days ago and had to go to the hospital because she hit her head!   My mother asked if I missed hot, tasty Chocolate Chip Cookies yet. Well I do. Luckly, there is a Mr. Cheneys cookies store that sells amazingly good chocolate chip cookies!! Us missionaries love going there each week.   I hope everyone had a good week. Remember I love you all and hope to hear from you soon   Elder Horst.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like he is doing great!! What a hard worker!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged : )