Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hello Again!


Ola! So last week I made a commitment to myself. I promised that next week I would think up a much more exciting Subject line. I'll keep working on it! How is everyone doing? Is it getting hot over there? Its been warm today and yesterday but besides that its starting to cool down! We recieved new roomates on Thursday to replace the Brazilian Missionaries. One is from Brazil and the other is from Paraguay! They are just as fun and cool to be around. They are constantly helping us learn the language! They walk in at night and ask us how the day was than force us to respond in Portuguese. I know that they understand English, but they just wont admit it! They help us read the scritures, pronounce better, and some nights we teach them lessons. They are such a huge help.
 
Our instructor, Irmao Costa, decided to stop being the investigator Alexandre. Instead, he is playing a new investigator, Igor! We taught Igor his first lesson and it went so well. We only got him to commit to read thought. He is going to be a major challenge. He loves to talk, but he doesnt care about religion and sees no reason why he should learn or obey it! We have a good plan though!! Also, we taught Hirmonie yesterday. We had such a hard time with her the last few lessons because she keeps saying she hasnt recieved an answer. My companion and I thought really hard on what to teach and he says, 'I have an idea! Why does the Relief Society always do crafts and handouts? Because girls like that stuff!!" It made me laugh but we tried it. I drew three pictures of the same bedroom with a girl trying to pray. On two pictures, there were many distractions such as friends, tv, and music. The last picture was very calm and peaceful. The drawings looked rediculous but they worked really well!! We used the pictures and they made her laugh so hard! She really enjoyed it and it helped her understand how to pray and recieve answers. Because of that she told us that she has already recieved answers to her questions and we commited her to baptism in two weeks!!
 
Each Sunday and Tuesday we have devotionals. A while ago, my district signed up to sing! Yesterday, we sang Ye Elders of Isriel. We did such a good job! It was acapella with the 8 elders in our district. The president told everyone that it was the best version of the song that he has ever heard. He said that we arranged it really nicely. That was a big compliment to me because I conducted the group and was kinda nervous! Everyone after the meeting came up and told us that we did really well. I have such a great district. Four from our district has decided to spend our Gym time working out. We are focusing on our core and abbs! We worked out monday and I am still hurting! Ahh what a bad idea. Its a lot of fun and as we say, each "up" is another baptism!!
 
There will be a temple dedication next week in Brazil. That means apostles will be in Brazil. I bet theyll fly into Sao Paulo and guess what building is only 20 minutes away?? Were all praying to see someone soon! Sunday they have a movie after sacrament. I have never gone but we heard that it was 17 miracles so we decided to go this past sunday. It was so nice to see and its a great testimony builder. If you havent seen it than I suggest you go buy it.
 
Heres more weird Brazil things! They dont sell penut butter here! Today I was at a store that alot of missionaries go to. A lady behind the counter said Elder, come over here! She wanted me to taste this new penut butter found in Brazil and compare it to American penut butter. It was a real funny experience but I was happy to help. Also, Brazilians love Halls, like the medicine. Only its not medicine! They have Halls candy that looks and tastes just like the medicine! Its so strange and the chocolate flavor is really grose!
 
Anyways I hope everyones doing good. I cant wait to hear from you next week!
 
Elder Horst.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )