Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, August 20, 2012

Food, food and then some more food!


This week has been fantastic as usual! We are working hard in this area trying to get as much done as possible. I have really exciting news. We have another baptism tomorrow!! There is a family that has moved into our ward. They have a 9 year old son that hasnt been baptized yet! My companion and I were able to teach him the lessons and prepare him. They want to have his baptism tomorrow because tomorrow is his 10th aniversary. Its going to be a little difficult for us to prepare because its at 9 in the morning, but we will make it work:) I am super excited for this family and my friend Yuri. He made a great choice by wanting to be baptized!

Besides that there isnt too much to talk about. We have a few progressing investigators that will hopefully go to chuch next week! Nobody was at church yesterday because it was pouring rain and most people had to walk.

I have eaten soo much food this week and I have had some pretty amazing meals! I realized I havent really talked about food so I will do that today! At the begining of the week we received some money from a member to buy some food. Elder Casimeiro asked if he could make a meal for us. He made Baião de dois. Its a really popular meal  in the north of Brazil. He cooked a pound of Rice, a pound of Brown Beans, a pound of cheese, with onions and peppers then mixed it all up! Wow it was so good!! Apparently, they put in way too much cheese but I love meals with cheese... it was delicious!

Everytime we go to a members house we eat rice and black beans. Its really good. They usually have something to go with it like noodles, stroganoff, or a meat. Its super delicious. On thursday we went to a members house that had my second favorite meal!! It was rice with shredded chicken. It also had a bit of creamy tomato sauce. On the side were some really good potatoes. I love that meal so much. My third favorite meal here is lasagna.

More exciting news for the week, the mission recieved microwaves!!!! Wahoo!! To celebrate we went out and bought some frozen food to eat for lunch. At BIG we bought some hot pockets (pronounced hotchy pockets in portuguese:) They are not the delicious pizza snack like you would find in america. They were frozen Burgers. I got a bacon cheese burger. They were super expensive and soooo gross!! Ahh it was a horrible idea!! All the frozen food is way expensive here so I dont think we will be using that microwave too much. Its cool that we have it though!! 


We ended lunch by playing some games.



The mission has been so great. Its been getting so much more hot here, but I am not having any problems! I hope the same goes for all of you. Have a great week!

Elder Horst


Found this bat in a container on top of the fridge.....eeewww!


Saw this mother and baby turtle while out walking.


This photo is of a little boy at church.  His Dad only speaks English to him and his Mom only speaks Portuguese to him.  He never talks and is super shy of the missionaries.  I love to play with him and talk to him in English! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )