Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, August 6, 2012

Super Great Week!


This week was super great! We had so many things to do and our nights were booked for the whole week! Thats always a great thing for a missionary. We were able to baptize Chicão on Saturday. It was such a great blessing for him and his family! There was a small road bump, but things worked out great. At 8 in the morning we went to the church to turn on the water and set up the room; Things were going great! We turned on the heater to make things more comfortable and it didnt work! Ah! We spent the next three or so hours trying to fix the problem but nothing was working. We finally stopped and went to eat lunch with a member. During lunch it started poring down rain. There was tons of lightning and everything was getting wet. We quickly got back to the church. Unfortunitally, the rain leaked into the baptismal font and the water turned a really bad dark green color!! It was not a big deal, but we didnt want that for our investigator! We found some clorine and threw it in. About an hour before the meeting started we were able to get the heater to work. At 5:30 we had a very nice Baptimal Meeting for Chicão. Many people from the ward came and it was a very spiritual experience.



The next day we were able to confirm him as a member of the church and give him the gift of the Holy Ghost. This is one of the most important things we can receive on this earth! I was very happy for him and I hope to see more good things to come.


My favorite missionaries in front of our apartment, on our last Sunday together.
Elder Horst, Elder Pereira, Elder Measom and Elder Davies




On thursday I was invited to go to a English Class held in a community center. I went with Elder Measom. There were about ten people there and only one of them was a member, For half an hour I was able to talk in English about the language, my mission, and my life back home. It was so much fun! They asked so many questions about what life is like and what popular things people like to do in the states. I really enjoyed it! It was nice to speak english, it was even better to be able to teach people who we were and what our purpous is but it was so great that I was around people who knew exactily how I felt!! Learning a language is very overwhelming but its so worth and and there are many plus sides to knowing two languages!
I had more to talk about, but I forgot my notes... Whoops! Today is transfer day and I am not moving! I am lucky to stay here for another 6 weeks to teach the people in Pelotas. I have a few goals these next few weeks. First I want to really push my language study. After the next six weeks I want to be able to understand people way more. I want to improve my vocab so I can say more and be able to share stories with people. (Pass tense). I want another person to come unto the waters of Baptism. I want to make a close relationship with the ward and most important I want to work harder to be a better person each day.
I hope everyone is doing well. Love you all!!
Elder Horst

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing both this and the other event with us. The photos are great. I am happy to hear that through the storm the baptism went on. -Kristi Mirich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great pictures! My son is in your mission, but we haven't seen any pictures from him. Keep up the great work! Kristi Willard

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged : )