Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, February 11, 2013

Carnival!


Well This week is the Brazilian holiday, Carnival. Its their cultural celebration. Just think of Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but alot worse. And they celebrate it in all the states, so its a big big thing! Luckily, it doesnt affect me at all and this week has been just like all the rest! I have a few important things to talk about but I think this email will be a bit short.
 
First of all, on Monday we got a reference from other missionaries about a guy in our area who wants missionary lessons. We passed by there on Wednesday and it was really fun! The guys name is Claudia. He is around 60 years old. His wife died from breast cancer and last year he picked up a disease and lost his eye sight. So you can imagine that the last few years of his life have been very dramatic. He doesnt have very much faith in God or Jesus but he wants to know more and have a faith in his life. I really loved talking with him. We have a baptism scheduled for the end of the month and we are really excited to teach him!
 
We had a special zone meeting on Friday with the mission president and the stake president in our area. They announced that they are really close to creating a new stake in our zone ad needed our help! We received alot of instructions and things that we needed to focus on to increase the membership and strengthen the area. We will be receiving trainings from the mission president every week for the next few months which is a huge blessing! I think i will be getting transferred at the end of the month but Im very happy and excited to be a part of this!
 
My companion is doing just fine. He has an appointment at the hospital on Wednesday and I hope that everything will get taken care of by then!
 
Im doing just great on the mission! Sunday I was able to give a last minute talk on the Holy Ghost and I thought that I did really good!
 
Well, I said that it would be short, sorry Mom! Thanks for all,
 
Love,
ELder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )