Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!


Hello everyone! Its been another great week here in Brazil. Its been extremely hot here the last week which is kinda weird because its supposed to be getting colder here! I miss the cold weather so much! I know that in two more months im really gonna be regreting that because its gonna be sooo cold this year! Bage is the coldest area in the mission. aka the coldest area in Brazil!

This week went by extremely quickly! I dont even remember what I did at the begining of the week.... Wednesday I had the doctors exam. He let me know that my knees are messed up and i will be going back to see him this wednesday. Apparently the bone underneath my knee is crooked and its pulling my knee to the side. Im not a doctor so I dont really know the details. All I know is that when I walk my knee gets agitated and it hurts. So im gonna work with the doctor to get better! I take medicine twice a day and I have to ice both knees every night for ten minutes.

Thursday was zone confrence in Pelotas. The medical missionaries that are in charge of all the missionaries came to visit. It was good because he talked to me about the knee. He told me that I need to do exersizes and stretches every day or it will get worse! They are really annoying to do and my roomates make fun of me haha but ill do it to get better! Thats my knee update...

So confrence was great. I missed the first part because I was a translator for the doctor. That was really fun! I had to translate for the doctor all the problems of the brazilians. It made me think of becoming a doctor when I grow up... or maybe a translator!! Hmmm... I really enjoyed confrence. The president always knows exactly what to say to make us all motivated to do better.

Then Sister Castro (presidents wife) gave a talk about scripture study. She told us that when we study the scriptures we need to READ, STUDY, PONDER, than APPLY. I really liked that and want to use it more in my studies. Scripture study is more than just reading a certain amount of pages per week. It involves studying and applying the stories to your life. I know that doing this will give me alot of knowledge of the scriptures.

Well this week was pretty plain and simple. We had good sucess sunday at church. There were 8 in the primary, 6 youth, and 6 preisthood holders. Overall there were about 30 people. Thats good but our goal is 50! I know that we will get there soon!!

Love ya all!
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )