Mis-sion-ary
(noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY

Monday, December 10, 2012

Transfer Day!


So tomorrow is transfer day and I have big news! Im now the senior companion!!! Wahoo! How is exciting is that? My new companion is Elder Xavier, he is Brazilian. He has one transfer less than I do, but we were in the ctm together! I know him a little bit and he is a really cool guy that has alot of love! Im sooo excited for this upcoming transfer. Its a definite motivation booster. I have alot of work to do here in Saõ Tomé and im ready for it!

This last week was pretty simple. We visited alot of less active members and invited them all to church. The branch here is getting really weak and we are all working hard on getting a good amount of members to go to church. Branches are alot harder to run than wards. They are always lacking in leadership and organisation, but I have so much love for my area and Branch. I dream about the day that they will become a ward with 600 members!!

I love when transfer day comes around. Its just like the new year. You leave all the bad behind you and look forward for whats to come! You make goals. You work hard and hope for the best. Tomorrow I will go to Porto Alegre and pick up my new companion! I dont know how we will get home because I dont have much money and we cant take a city bus... but thats not a concern now:)

This week has been so hot!!! Think about the hottest day of your life... then think of it being that hot every day... Its really hot here in Brazil. I drip sweat when Im outside, when im inside, while im sleeping, and right after I towel dry myself from the shower... Its actually kinda fun:) but Its hard to think about Christmas and sunblock at the same time...

Sometimes the things you really want are alot closer than you think! Thursday night was the most hot on my mission. My companion and I could hardly sleep an hour! Around 3 am, we went outside to get some fresh air and a bit of wind. It was so funny because everyone was outside with the same problem. I could have counted over 100 people. Anyways, we got to talk to our next door neighbors (at three am) and we asked if we could teach them the missionary lessons!! How cool is that?? Its hard to find them home because they both work but its no problem because they live 3 steps from our door:)

Anyways thats all the news for this week. Im really excited for the upcoming weeks, and not just because its Christmas!

Happy Holidays!
Elder Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged : )